The network issue on Xbox One prevents a bunch of features. Xbox One won’t connect to WIFI is blocks entier online activities. Especially, Xbox Live services features are unavailable when Xbox couldn’t connect to Wifi.
Usually, your cannot install or stream on Xbox when there is no Wi-Fi connection. When the Wi-Fi passwords gets changed, Xbox console cannot connect to the Wi-Fi. Other technical issues may prevent Xbox connecting to the Wi-Fi.
Here is the best remedy to fix Xbox One won’t connect to Wifi. You can solve Xbox One won’t connect to Wifi issue by power cycling both Xbox and wifi router devices.
How to Fix Xbox One Won’t Connect to Wifi
Xbox One won’t connect to the WIFI problem can be caused by many reasons. Here are some of the best solving methods to fix the network issue on the Xbox One. You can concern with ISPs or the Xbox Support team if these solutions do not work on your device.
Solution 1: Test Network Connection
Verify that your internet is properly working on your device. Follow these instructions to check your console is getting internet connectivity or not.
- Open the guide by pressing the Xbox button on the controller.
- Go to [Settings] and [All Settings]
- Select [Network] and then [Network Setting].
- Select Test Network connection, to start benchmarking your internet status on Xbox One console.
Xbox takes few minutes to Test Network connection. Check and verify that the internet is working correctly. After that, log in to Xbox live account, if already then try to sync it.
When you are facing the Xbox One won’t connect to the Wifi problem. These methods are helpful to solve issues but you have to test internet connection after applying methods.
Solution 2: Power Cycle Xbox Console and Network Device
The power cycle often refers to shut down the device completely as the power supply cable disconnects. To apply this remedy you have to unplug the power cords and restart Xbox, Modem, or router, the gateway for 1-2 minutes to fix Xbox One won’t connect to Wifi.
Here are the instructions to power cycle Xbox and other network device:
- From the controller, press the Xbox button to explore the guide.
- Go to Settings and select and confirm Restart console.
- Now, press and hold the Xbox button on the console until the turn off (approx. 10seconds).
- Wait for 5minutes and press the Xbox button from the console to turn it on.
- Plug the power cord of the Modem, router, or gateway.
- Once you land on Xbox home, test network connections.
If you pass to login or resync Xbox live account, problem is solved.
Solution 3: Disconnect Headset
Using a third-party headset can obstruct the frequency of the Wifi network. Thus, Xbox One won’t connect to Wifi as the frequency are the same. You can try disconnecting the third-party headset and reconnect to wifi.
- Disconnect Headset
- Test network connection, if the internet is properly working then the console will connect to Xbox live automatically.
Solution 4: Connect to Correct Wifi SSID
Make sure you are using the correct Wifi SSID to input your password. If you enter the password to another SSID then Wifi won’t connect with the Xbox console.
Identify the correct SSID and try to connect the console with it. Once the console connects with wifi, test your network connection. Xbox will connect with Xbox live without having a problem.
Solution 5: Confirm Wifi Password on Console
To confirm the Wifi password is correct. You need to check the Wifi password on Windows 10 installed Pc. Note: Your computer should already be connected with the same wifi that is connected to Xbox One console. Here are the steps to check the wifi password:
- Click on Start
- Click on Control Panel (search for the control panel on the search bar)
- Go to [Network and Internet] > [Network and Sharing Center] > [ Manage Wireless Networks].
- Now right click on the wireless network and click on properties
- Switch to the Security tab, and mark show password.
Now, verify that your Wifi password is correct or not on Xbox before reconnecting it. Test network connection to check Xbox One won’t connect to Wifi problem is fixed.
Solution 6: Check Other Obstruct Device
Obstruct can decrease the frequency of wifi signal. There are two types of signal obstruct: Active and passive. Active interference includes electronic devices that prevent wifi signals to transfer in a wide range. Passive interference weaken the wireless signal that passes through the objects. These things are reason for Xbox One won’t connect to Wifi.
Remove devices that obstruct wireless signals between console and router. Devices like microwave, ovens, CRT Televisions, Air conditioner, other wireless third party devices. You have to remove objects that interfere with the wireless signals. Glass, lead, copper piping, concrete, insulation, mirrors, etc. object should be removed from the router and console room.
After removing obstruct things, test network connection on Xbox One.
Solution 7: Check for Mac Filtering
Mac filtering can prevent your Xbox one connecting from the wifi network. Mac filtering is used to prevent unauthorized access to connecting wifi.
If your router or modem has enabled the mac filtering then you have to add the console’s mac address on Mac address on the router’s settings. You can turn off MAC filtering to solve Xbox One won’t connect to Wifi problem. Or you can list the console mac address for permanent troubleshoot.
To add a mac address to the router’s authorized list, you need to get the mac address first. Here are the instructions to get the mac address of Xbox One:
- Press the Xbox button on the controller.
- Go to Settings and select Network.
- Then select the Advance Setting from there.
- Copy or note your Xbox console’s mac address.
Adding Mac address on router:
- Login to the router admin dashboard.
- Navigate to security and select Mac Address filtering
- Click on Add new.
- Enter your console mac address
- Click on Save.
Test your network connection on the Xbox console and now your issue may be fixed if there is mac filter enabled on the modem or router.
Solution 8: Change Wireless Channel
If Xbox One won’t connect to Wifi, that means the router channel needs to change. Since wireless signals easily get interface, you need to switch to a good channel broadcast. There are different channels supported by routers but Xbox doesn’t. Most Router supports 20MHz or 40 MHz.
Xbox One supports a 20 MHz channel settings. Switching to 20MHz if your router has a 40Mhz setting can help to solve the issue and connect to Xbox Live.
Solution 9: Identify Low Wireless Signal
Xbox One won’t connect to Wifi due to weak wireless frequency. You can find out the wifi signal strength on the Xbox console in these ways:
- Go to settings from the guide.
- Select All Settings and then Network.
- After that select Network settings and then Detailed network statistics
- Now, see the details of your Network. If its strength is less than 20% then your wifi signal is weak.
Solution 10: Try with Another WiFi
- Disconnect your Xbox One console and its accessories.
- Bring Xbox one with its accessories into another location.
- Follow all process with connecting wires.
- Restart your console and test the network connection.
If this solution works then there is a problem with your modem or router. You can reset your router to fix Xbox One won’t connect to wifi problem.
Solution 11: Use Ethernet Cable
Using a wired connection can solve Xbox One won’t connect to the Wifi issue. If you tried all these methods but none of them worked on your console then try using an ethernet cable to connect Xbox with the internet.
Plug the ethernet port on both router and console. After that restart that Xbox One console to test the network connection. Ethernet will fix your wireless signal strength weaken or any obstruct issue.
Finally, Xbox One won’t connect to wifi has been gone. Now you can enjoy streaming and download games with Xbox Live. The Xbox One won’t connect to Wifi solution helped to found out any network error on your devices.