Xbox One black screen of death issue occurred on the console. The software glitch is responsible for the black screen of death. Most of the Xbox users are the victim of this issue.
However, you can still access some options and menus while the black screen of death on the Xbox One console. But the maximum part of the screen remains black. Especially, Xbox One black screen of death seems to spread widely among the users. Xbox support also helped to fix this issue.
Xbox One black screen of death is an annoying issue but its easy to fix. If you are the victim of a black screen of death, here are some working methods to get rid of screen error:
How to Fix Xbox One Black Screen of Death [Working Methods]
The Xbox One black screen of death occurs in many cases, and each of the conditions needs a sperate solving method. However, here are some solutions for the black screen of death where it mostly occurred.
Solution 1: Blank screen after returning to Home
If you encounter black screen after restarting your Xbox console then apply these instructions to get rid it.
- Press and Hold down the Xbox button on the front side of the console for 10 seconds to turn off the console.
- Press the Xbox button on the console or on the Xbox controller to turn the console back on.
Once the Console returns home, the screen has been loaded fully. If you encounter a black screen sometimes, repeat these steps.
Solution 2: Blank screen when watching a Blu-ray Disc
Sometimes when you are watching movies or playing games on the Xbox console via disc. Suddenly, a black screen appears and interrupts the stream. It may be caused due to the unsupported video output configuration on the Xbox console. If Xbox One not reading disc then its another issue.
Note: If Xbox video output setting Allow 24Hz is enabled then black screen occurs.
To fix the Black screen when watching a Blu-ray disc, you have to switch off Allow 24hz on Xbox One:
- From your wireless controller, Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Go to Settings and then select All settings.
- Head to Display & sound and then Video options.
- Then select Enable 24Hz to turn off this setting.
Return to Video player and check if black screen appears again.
Solution 3: Blank screen after turning on the console
If your screen appears black from the beginning due to cable improper connection. To prevent black screen after turning on the console, you have to regularly check the wired connections and switch them correctly.
Some verification on the console instructions to solve black screen of death:
- Check the HDMI port has connected properly on TV and console. If not connected, switch them properly.
- Verify HDMI cable is not broken or twisted. Replace the cable in case of damage.
- Perform cool boot exact instructions on solution 1.
Reset Xbox One display settings:
- Press and Hold down the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds to turn off the console.
- Again Press and hold Xbox and Eject button until you hear a beep.
- Now, your console will boot on low-resolution mode (640 × 480).
- Go to Settings > Display & sounds > Video options > TV Resolution
- Change TV resolution to the HDMI option.
Solution 4: Hard Reset your Console
Many users reported hard resetting on Xbox One can fix the black screen of death issue. Hard resetting won’t delete any of your personal data, download games and apps. It may reset some settings to default.
- Press and hold the Xbox button on your Xbox One console for 10 seconds or until it gets shut down.
- Unplug the power cord. So the power surges completely get cut.
- Wait 3-5 minutes and plug in the power cord,
- Press the Xbox button on the console to turn it on.
Note: Hard resetting solves Xbox One black screen of death temporarily.
Solution 5: Switching Tabs
Some users have reported a black screen of death fixes when switching tabs instantly. If the screen went black switch back to the dashboard tab. You can perform the switching tab method by following the given instructions.
- Press Home button instantly when screen gets black.
- Use Left & Right button to navigate the tabs.
- Head to Dashboard.
However, you have to apply those instructions immediately. Also, some users claimed when the Black screen of death occurs on the Xbox store, switching tabs helps to fix quickly.
Solution 6: Stay on Offline mode
Since Xbox One black screen of death is occurred due to web content not loading. It may be the Xbox live service core has down temporary unavailable. So, to get rid of back screen of death is stay offline for sometimes.
- Disconnect Xbox Live connection and Wi-Fi from the Wi-Fi settings.
- Wait for Dashboard repair itself.
- Restart console and reconnect to Wifi and Xbox Live.
Solution 7: Press Right Trigger + Left Trigger + Y Button
Pressing the Right trigger + left trigger + Y button simultaneously can redirect to the dashboard. This method has discovered by a Reddit user named Stevr. It can be performed quickly after the console startup.
- Turn on the Xbox One console normally.
- Wait until the Xbox One begins to move your pins on startup.
- Once the pins start moving, start pressing the right trigger + left trigger + Y button.
Once you apply this instruction carefully, the screen won’t be faded away back and all the function works normally.
Solution 8: Factory Reset your console
If none of the methods works for your console. You have to perform a factory reset the console to fix the Xbox One black screen of death. However, you have to keep back up your data, game settings, and other content before doing a factory reset. Factory resetting deletes everything on the console.
- Go to the guide pressing the Xbox button on the controller.
- Select System > Settings > System > Console info > Reset console > Reset and remove everything”.
Complete the setup instructions and test out the Xbox One black screen of death issue recurs.
Xbox One black screen of death issue fixed by these instructions. If you are able to solve this problem on your console, let me know which method worked on your console. Share this article to support my blog as well as the victims of the Xbox One black screen of death.