Have you got trouble while updating firmware on Xbox? You may experiencing Xbox error code 0x8b0500b6. The main cause of showing Xbox error code 0x8b0500b6 is a corrupted user profile.
Error code 0x8b0500b6 mostly occurs while updating Xbox console or installing games. It indicates that the download process has been canceled or can’t download the app for some reason.
Most of the users admitted that the troubleshoot can fix this issue. There is nothing difficult task to fix error code 0x8b0500b6 on your Xbox console. So before jumping into the instructions lets have an overview of error code 0x8b0500b6 causes and condition of error.
Xbox Error Code 0x8b0500b6
When you are downloading the update it suddenly gets crashed and shows an error message on the screen. Most of the users reported error code 0x8b0500b6 is caused during updating firmware or installing games.
The error message says, “There was a problem with the Update. You need this update to use your console, but something went wrong. For help, visit xbox.com/xboxone/update/help.“
Xbox error code 0x8b0500b6 has occurred due to the network failure. The problem with the internet connection or the Xbox Live service failure prevents update download. There may be sort of corrupted data file on the firmware or game data so the console is preventing it from installation update.
I recommend you to check the Xbox Live service before downloading anything from the store. However, Server failure may be the issue sometimes, if your network is working properly and vice versa.
How to Fix Xbox Error Code 0x8b0500b6?
Here are the best troubleshoot for Xbox error code 0x8b0500b6, that solves the problem completely.
Solution 1: Check Xbox Live Service
Xbox Live service deals with every online activity on the Xbox console. One single service failure can cause a problem. So you have to verify the Xbox live service before starting the updates.
- First of all, verify all the services are properly working.
- Check Xbox Live Service, from any browser.
- If all the services have a green tick marked, it means all the services are working. When there is a red block sign on the service, it means that service is down.
Solution 2: Power Cycle the Console
The power cycling of the device can help to fix the issue with the firmware. Xbox has an inbuilt power cycling system that erases the temporary data. You can easily change perform this solution by imitating the given instructions:
- Press and hold Xbox button for 10 seconds on the console.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Wait for 5 minutes and plug the power cord.
- Press Xbox button on the console to turn on it.
Try updating your firmware or game. If this method works then do it when Xbox error code 0x8b0500b6.
Solution 3: Reconnect the Wi-Fi and Stay Offline
Reconnecting the Wi-Fi after forgetting solves the most issues with the network. It helps to reset the network setting on the console that may cause the issue. Sometimes, you may have a bad DNS setting and it helps to reset to the default DNS setting. Here is the list of best DNS servers for Xbox One.
Steps for forgetting and reconnecting the Wi-Fi connection on Xbox One:
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the guide.
- Go to Settings and select the Network tab.
- Select Network settings
- Click on forget wireless.
- Restart both your console and router.
- Then again connect to the same wifi network.
- Network settings show Online then you have done network resetting. If there is Go Offline mode then select Online.
Solution 4: Remove Firewall Protection
Most of the internet contents are blocked by firewall protection on the router or console. The protection tool limits the use of bandwidth and resources. If there is any kind of protection tool or firewall you can disable them to fix Xbox error code 0x8b0500b6 on the Xbox One. You manage firewall protection in your router setting. Go to your router admin dashboard and removes all the blocked sites and apps. There are many types of routers so that makes it difficult for me to instruct on each model of routers settings.
Solution 5: Uninstall the Fortnite Game
Error code 0x8b0500b6 can be fixed by removing the Fortnite game from your Xbox console. There are many posts and peoples are getting rid of the 0x8b0500b6 error from their console by just removing the Fortnite game. I also admit that Fortnite’s game is causing this issue in past days.
- From the Home screen, navigate to My games and apps.
- Select Games and search for Fortnite.
- Highlight the Fortnite and Select Manage game.
- Select and confirm Uninstall all.
- Once the uninstall finishes, turn off the console.
- Wait for 1-2 minutes and turn on the console.
If uninstalling can fix the issue then the problem is caused by Fortnite. If fails, there must be another reason for Getting Xbox error code 0x8b0500b6.
Solution 6: Logout and Re-Sign in Xbox Live Account
Xbox Live account gives access to store games data online. Sometimes, it may create a problem when your profile is not synced or corrupted. Xbox might not be able to access some data with constantly signed into an account. To avoid the problem you can just remove and re-add the Xbox Live account.
- Press the Xbox button on the controller in the home to open the guide.
- Go to the System and settings.
- Select Accounts and Remove account.
- Choose the account you want to remove.
- Turn off the console and remove the power cord.
- Plug the power cord and turn on the console.
Re sign in Xbox Live account:
- Press Xbox button from the controller.
- Select Sign in and Add & Manage.
- Enter your accounts details.
- Now, check update is interrupt by error or not.
Solution 7: Reset the Console
Xbox error code 0x8b0500b6 is firmware issue caused by the corrupted data or file. If you Reset the console you can help to solve the problem. Resetting will delete all the data, don’t forget to create backup. If you have synced Xbox Live accounts then your data are backup online.
- Turn off your console and unplug the power supply cable.
- Wait at least 30 seconds and plug the power supply cable.
- Press and hold Blend and Eject button at the same time.
- Press the Xbox button on the console
- Wait for 15 seconds until you hear two beeps and release the Blend and Eject button.
- Once you land inside the Startup troubleshooter, Select Reset this Xbox.
- Select and Confirm Remove everything.
- Be patient and wait until everything gets done.
Conclusion: Xbox error code 0x8b0500b6 can be fixed by Offline update. You should be aware of data corruption and keep maintenance. If you ever get any problem regarding the Xbox console, submit your problem. These solutions should be followed in its order to fix the Xbox error code 0x8b0500b6 completely.
FAQ on Xbox Error Code 0x8b0500b6
1. How to Fix System Error E102 on Xbox One?
Ans: You can reset the console via troubleshooter or perform an offline update to fix System Error E102 on Xbox One.
2. How to fix Fix Xbox Error Code 0x8027025a?
Ans: You can Fix Xbox Error Code 0x8027025a install the affected app on an external hard disk drive.
3. How do I fix Xbox One Error Code 0x97e107df?
Ans: To fix Xbox One Error Code 0x97e107df on Xbox One console, sign out and resign in your Xbox Live account.