Have you experienced lags, glitches, and even sometimes your screen gets freezes? These issues can be fixed if you know how to reset Xbox one. The time to erase your Xbox console and make it like new.
Sometimes apps and games take too long to start on Xbox One. Most of the issues are caused by storing data of updates and new apps & game installation. Overusing also creates lags sometimes. To fix the issue and get a better remedy you need to reset the Xbox One console. Here are the best four methods to reset your Xbox console. Each of the methods has different ways and the importance of resetting the Xbox One console. Let’s start a guide on how to reset Xbox One console.
How to Reset Xbox One?
There are four different ways of resetting the Xbox One console. Resetting Xbox can give you factory default mode and sometimes optimized speed. However, the console’s data will be deleted after resetting Xbox. To prevent your data from being deleted, you have to create a backup before resetting the console to preserve the data.
Everything will be erased including your purchased game and your progress data. Your Xbox Live account will also sign out from the console. If you have synced your Xbox live account then everything is saved. Or you can store your data on external hard drives. If you were offline then sync with Xbox live service before resetting the console.
Now, you have your backup data and follow the instructions on how to reset Xbox one. Basically, there are three types of Xbox resetting methods.
Method 1: How to Soft Reset Xbox One?
Xbox One soft reset can be done by the Xbox controller. A soft reset won’t delete any data from your console but changes some settings to default. It usually fixes the network issue with the Xbox one. A soft reset won’t delete your data.
Grab your controller and turn it on. Once the controller is turned on, follow these steps to perform a soft reset on Xbox One:
- From the controller, press and hold the Xbox button. This function works to turn off and restart your console.
- Choose “Turn console off” or “Restart the console”.
- Press and hold the Xbox button on the console to turn off.
- Once the console is turned off, the soft reset has been finished.
Now, your Xbox One console has been completely soft reset. Test your console and check if glitches and lags are gone. The soft reset helps to prevent glitches and lags while playing games on Xbox One console.
Method 2: How to Hard Reset Xbox One?
Simply, the hard reset on Xbox one deletes the cache data from the console. It helps to fix almost many crashes and errors on the Xbox console. Your data won’t get erased by hard resetting Xbox One. Here are the instructions to perform hard reset Xbox One console:
- Press and hold the Xbox button on your Xbox One console for 10 seconds or until it gets shut down.
- Unplug the power cord. So the power surges completely get cut.
- Wait 3-5 minutes and plug in the power cord,
- Press the Xbox button on the console to turn it on.
After, hard reset Xbox One, your setting gets slightly changed to the default. Hard resetting solves errors like software issues, device not recognized issue, and network issue. It also optimizes the Xbox performance than before.
Method 3: How to Factory Reset Xbox One?
Factory Reset on Xbox One can erase every data you have on your Xbox console. It also helps to fix and get instant remedy from any problem that you are facing on Xbox One. If you want to troubleshoot any issue or error on Xbox console you can perform the hard reset.
These two methods of factory resetting the Xbox One console. Both of the methods bring factory default to the whole console. I strongly recommend keeping the backup of all the important data and settings. You can just sync to the Xbox Live service to store your data automatically online.
Factory reset using console:
- Turn on your console and press the Xbox button on the controller.
- Go to Profile & System from the guide.
- Select settings and then System
- Click on Console Info.
- Select Reset Console
- Select Reset and Remove Everything.
Wait until the reset process finishes. There are other options to reset the console but those reset won’t fix the issue on games and app. So you have select reset and remove everything for full troubleshoot.
Method 4: How to Reset Xbox One Using USB?
If your Xbox shows error while updating firmware and you want to erase your console as well as install the latest version of firmware. How to reset Xbox one using other third-party tools? So you need a USB flash drive and a pc to make it work.
Sometimes Xbox won’t shows the reset menu on the console in that time how to reset Xbox one becomes most complex task. That is the reason for resetting Xbox One using USB flash drive.
- A Pc working on Windows Operating System
- USB drive up to 8GB in NTFS format
- Latest Xbox One Firmware
How to make flash USB?
- Insert a USB drive on your PC.
- Change format of USB drive to ‘NTFS‘.
- Unzip the OSU1 file.
- Copy the extracted file on the USB drive.
- Delete everything except ‘$SystemUpdate‘.
- Make sure to copy the file on the root directory, not in a folder.
How to reset Xbox One console using USB?
- Unplug the ethernet port, if you are using a wired connection.
- Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord
- Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord.
- Insert the flash drive on your console.
- Press and hold the Pair and Eject button for 10-15 seconds.
- Press the Xbox button on the console.
- Release the Pair and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
- When the console restarts, remove the flash drive.
- Once the console restarts, follow through the guide instructions.
After Xbox the setup guide finishes, go and check for the trouble are gone or not. Usually, this method helps to fix Xbox One error code e102 and helps to troubleshoot other errors related to firmware and updates.
Most Asked Questions on How to Reset Xbox One
1. How to reset Xbox One?
Ans: You can reset Xbox One by soft reset, hard reset and factory reset.
2. How to refresh on Xbox One?
Ans: To refresh on Xbox One Press both LT and RT button at the same time and also the Y button.
Conclusion on How to Reset Xbox One Console
How to reset Xbox One? It can be done with 4 different methods. The console’s best troubleshooter is reset. Now you can have more FPS and less lag on gameplay. If you pal ask you how to reset Xbox One console, make sure you share these tips with them.
Hope all the resetting methods solved your problem and you are getting a much better experience than before. There are significant numbers of Xbox experts who reset the Xbox console. If none of the solutions can solve the issue.