Xbox Error 0x87dd0006
The error code Xbox Error 0x87dd0006 occurs when you want to sign in your Xbox One account but the account information is incorrect or the user profile is corrupted. The error code 0x87dd0006 is widely known and the Xbox One‘s team is trying their best support to fix this error.
Xbox One allows you access all the online services but the error code 0x87dd0006 occurs when you’re going to sign in with the Xbox One’s account. There are so many Xbox One users who face this error code and reported about this error code. They also contacted Xbox supports but with them, the error code didn’t fix.
So, today I’m going to show you how to fix the Xbox Error 0x87dd0006. Just you need to follow all the steps to fix this error code on your Xbox One. If you forget any of the steps the error code could not be fixed.
Causes of Xbox Error 0x87dd0006
The error code 0x87dd0006 appears on the screen when you’re going to sign in to the Xbox One‘s account. Below are the main reasons for the error code 0x87dd0006.
Incorrect Billing Information
The error code 0x87dd0006 occurs when you entered incorrect billing information of the Xbox One’s account. If you think which billing information you’re putting there is correct information but you’re facing this error code. To fix this check once and input correct billing information.
This error code 0x87dd0006 occurs when the user profile is corrupted.
The error code 0x87dd0006 also appears on the screen when there is a network configuration problem. Sometimes the internet is not working properly on your Xbox One’s console.
Xbox Live Service Down
When you’re going to sign in on your Xbox One account but you’re facing the error code 0x87dd0006, there might be Xbox Live Service is down.
Solution for 0x87dd0006
When the error code 0x87dd0006 appears on your screen you cannot able to sign in to your Xbox One account on your Xbox One console. Here I write the possible methods to fix the error code 0x87dd0006. If one of the methods will not work for you, try another method to fix the error code. I hope from all the methods one method will definitely work for you.
Method 1: Check the Status of Xbox Live Services
When you see the Error code 0x87dd0006 on your Xbox One console, first of all, you must check the Xbox Live Services is up or down. If the Xbox Live service is down at that time when you checked. You need to wait for when the Xbox Live Services is up and then try to login with your Xbox One account.
Method 2: Unplug Ethernet Cable & Login Offline
There are so many users who previously reported about the error code 0x87dd0006. Yesterday, I face the same problem on my Xbox One console during the account login. After that, I tried to log in to my account offline and it’s working for me.
To Login Offline:
First, turn on your Xbox One console and unplugging your Ethernet cable then logging in offline your Xbox account. After you log in while offline, reconnect the Ethernet cable and try to log in again. Hope this method will help you to fix the error code 0x87dd0006.
Method 3: Make Sure the Billing Information is Correct
The error code 0x87dd0006 also occurs when your entered billing information is incorrect. If you’ve previously changed any information in your billing account, make changes according to the newly entered information.
To change or update the billing information on Xbox One:
- Go to Settings > All Settings > In the Account section select Payment & billing > Choose the Change billing address.
- Now, edit your billing information. You can skip billing information that doesn’t need editing simply by pressing the B button on your controller and choosing Next.
- After the desired information is changed, select Save info to save changes.
To change or update the billing information on Xbox 360:
- Go to Settings > Account > select Manage Payment Options.
- Select the payment option that you want to update.
- Make changes to the billing information.
- After you’re done select OK to save changes.
If your billing information previously changed but not updated on Xbox One or Xbox 360 but now you changed your billing information the error code 0x87dd0006 must be fixed. I hope this method will help you to fix the error code.
Method 4: Insert the Game Disc
This method also works when there are troubling signing in on your Xbox One‘s account. There are so many users who have fixed the error code 0x87dd0006 just inserting a game disc on their Xbox One’s console. And now they can easily sign in their Xbox One’s account without any problems. You might also try this error method to fix the error code 0x87dd0006.
Method 5: Remove and Re-Add Your Gamertag Profile
Sometimes your Xbox One’s account is being corrupted and the error code 0x87dd0006 also appears on the screen and you cannot able to sign in to your Xbox One’s account. If your account is corrupted you must need to delete your account to fix the error code 0x87dd0006.
How to Remove Xbox One Account?
If your Xbox account is corrupted this method definitely works to fix the error code 0x87dd0006. To delete your Xbox One’s account follow the below steps by step:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.
- Select the account that you want to remove.
- Choose Remove to confirm.
- When you’re finished, select Close
How to Re-Add Xbox One Account?
After removing your Xbox One’s account from the console you need to add again to fix the error code 0x87dd0006. To add again Xbox One’s account to your console follow the below instructions step by step:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Sign in.
- Scroll down and select Add & manage > Add new.
- Enter the password for your Microsoft account, and then select Enter.
- Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept.
- Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences and add your account to your Xbox One console.
Method 6: Restart your Modem/ Router
Sometimes the problem is on your router and you face the error code 0x87dd0006 on your Xbox One console. To fix this error code 0x87dd0006 you need to restart your router or mode which you’re currently using.
The router you’re using might be busy or hang. If you’re not restarted your router or mode for a long time it’s gonna be hanging or busy. So, I recommend that you must turn off your router for 5-10 minutes after every 48 hours is completed turned on the router. Everything needs rest, so the router also needed rest to perform good and give the best result to you.
To Restart your Modem or Router:
- Turn off your Xbox One first.
- Press the power button on your modem or unplug the power cable of the router to turn it off.
- After the modem turns off, wait for 3-5 minutes.
- Then turn on the router or modem.
- Now, turn on your Xbox and check if the error is resolved.
With this method, the error code 0x87dd0006 not fixed try another method to fix ti.
Method 7: Update Xbox One Controller
The error code 0x87dd0006 also occurs when your Xbox One’s controller is not updated with it’s latest version of the software. The firmware version of the controller software is a big role in it. So, you must up to date your Xbox One’s controller from time to time.
How to Update Xbox One Controller?
To update your Xbox One controller wirelessly, follow the below instructions:
- Press the Menu > button and select Settings > select Devices & accessories.
- Select the controller that you want to update.
- Select the Update > and select Continue.
- Wait until the controller update is installed.
If you’re purchased your Xbox One’s controller after June 2015, only you can install updates wirelessly. These types of controllers have a circular 3.5mm port on the bottom, and you can easily recognize them.
If your controller is older than June 2015 you’ll have to install the update using the USB cable. To update with using USB follow the below instructions:
- First, connect your controller to your console using the USB cable.
- Instructions should appear now on the screen.
- If the instructions don’t appear on the screen, you need to press the Menu button > navigate to Settings > Devices & Accessories > select controller and choose the Update option.
There is another option to update the Xbox One’s controller using PC. To update your controller follow the below instructions:
- Download the Xbox Accessories app from Windows Store > start the Xbox Accessories app and connect your Xbox One Wireless Controller using the USB cable or Xbox Wireless Adapter.
- After connecting your controller, you should see Update Required message if there’s a mandatory update available.
- Install the update.
If your controller supports wirelessly you can only install the update. If there’s no support for this option, you’ll need to use a USB cable.
Method 8: Unplug your console
When you unplug your console from the power cable and then the Xbox One console is also turned off. Now, wait for 5-10 minutes and again plug your console. With this method also the error code 0x87dd0006 fixed.
Method 9: Check Network Configuration
Sometimes the network configuration also affects a sign-in on Xbox One console. Or you can also change the router is the best way to fix the error code 0x87dd0006. If you can change the router configuration then change the configuration but make sure there is something error on the router or modem configuration.
Method 10: Update Console
If you’re not updated your Xbox One console for a long time, the error code 0x87dd0006 also occurs when you sign in to your Xbox One’s account on your console. With the latest firmware version, there are so many features that are added and so many bugs are fixed on the new updated version. So, you must regularly update your Xbox One console’s firmware with the latest version software.
How to Update Xbox One Console?
- Go to Settings > All settings > select System > Updates > Update console and check if there are any updates ready for download.
Method 11: Sign in to Different Account
The error code also fixed after signing in a different account. First, you need to ask your friend if he/ she gives you his sign-in information to fix the error code 0x87dd0006. There are so many users who have fixed this error code 0x87dd0006 by just signing in with a different account. After fixing the error code sign out and try to login with your account on the console.
Method 12: Sign Out Every Service & Forget Wi-Fi
Sometimes you’re signed in for a long time to the Wi-Fi network, so the error code 0x87dd0006 also occurs. Also, you need to sign out every Xbox One account and services from your console also fix the error code 0x87dd0006. After sign out, you need to forget your Wi-Fi also. Then again connect after some minutes.
How to Sign Out Everything from Xbox One Console?
- Go to settings, sign out everything. And Network connections, go offline and forget your Wi-Fi connection > then hard reset Xbox.
Common Questions Asked on How to Fix Xbox Error 0x87dd0006?
- How do I fix error 0x87dd0006?
Check the status of Xbox Live services. Unplug your Ethernet cable and login offline. Make sure that your billing information is correct. Insert the game disc. Delete and download your profile. Restart your modem/ router. Update your controller. Unplug your console.
- Why is my Xbox not signing me in?
Sometimes, the outage is over and sign-in issues persist. To fix Xbox One Xbox Live sign-in problems, perform a full reboot of your system, also known as a power cycle, cold restart or hard reset. To do this, hold the power button for 10 seconds while the system is on. The system will turn off.
- How do I check Xbox Live status?
To check the Xbox Live status click here.