Xbox Error 0x803f8001
The error code 0x803f8001 occurs when you launch a game on Xbox One. It means your data is no present in the storage location in your device.
The exact error code when you try to launch a game on Xbox One, it says “Do you own this game or app?” Error code 0x803f8001. This is the very problematic error code on Xbox One because the user wants to play a game and the error code appears on the screen when the user launch or open a game.
It is a very frustrating error code on Xbox One. So, many users think that when the error code 0x803f8001 appears on the screen if they’ll leave it for some minutes and they launch a game and go somewhere and return after some time. But still, they face the same error code on their screen.
There are thousands of Xbox One users reported to the error code 0x803f8001. The Xbox One team also says that this error code occurs when the Xbox One has stopped working. Today I’m going to share with your how to fix the error code 0x803f8001 with the new working methods.
Reasons for 0x803f8001
There are so many reasons for 0x803f8001. Below I write all the possible reasons for this error code.
- If the Xbox One is not working properly.
- If the Xbox One Console HDD is not working or not attached with it properly.
- Internet problem or internet is not available.
- When you’re not signed in to Xbox Live.
- Sometimes you upgrade the Xbox One’s HDD or any other hardware components and you forget.
- The downloaded game is not available on your console storage location.
- If the downloaded file is deleted from the console’s HDD.
Solution for 0x803f8001
So, many Xbox One users try to fix this error code but thy don’t know properly how to fix this error code 0x803f8001 and there appears another problem on their console. So, if you don’t know properly please read first this instruction and then try to fix the error code 0x803f8001.
Method 1: Full Power Cycle Xbox One
To fix the error code 0x803f8001 try once this method. Many of the users already try and fix the error code by applying this method. To do Full Power Cycle Xbox One on your console follow the below instructions.
- Press and hold the power button of the Xbox One Console for at least 10 seconds and leave the power button when it turns off the Xbox One console.
- Now safely remove the power cable from the Xbox One and give it to the rest some minutes.
- After some minutes plug back the power cable on your Xbox One.
- Now, turn on your Xbox One console again
- If possible Update it once.
Method 2: Check Xbox Live status
Sometimes we don’t know the status of the server. If the Xbox‘s server is down the error code 0x803f8001 also appears on the screen. To check the Xbox Live Status Click Here. When you check the live status and you see there any alerts you need to wait until the server is working properly.
Method 3: Set Xbox as a Home Console
If in your family someone purchased and download the game but he/ she forget to sign in him/ her into the Xbox One console. You need to ask him/ her if he/ she signed in his/ her Xbox One’s id in your console as a family member who purchased the game.
If the member who purchased the game and he/ she not signed in on that console the error code 0x803f8001 also appears on the screen. After signing in the family member you need to set to Xbox One console as a Home Console for that member who purchased the game.
First, when you sign in and save your password in the Xbox One console it automatically becomes set as a home Xbox One console. After then you can easily share the downloaded games with the person who has signed in your Xbox console.
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Head to Settings and click on All Settings.
- Now choose Personalization.
- Select My Home Xbox and go through the information displayed.
- Now, select Make this my home Xbox to set the console as your home Xbox.
Method 4: Make Sure The Game Disc is Inserted in The Xbox One’s console
The error code 0x803f8001 also occurred because of there is no dis inserted into the Xbox One console. Many of the games need the disc to play the game. So, you need to try once insert the game disc into the Xbox One console.
Method 5: Uninstall & Re-Install The Game
This is a very common option to fix the error code 0x803f8001. When you uninstall any game all the game’s data is deleted permanently. So, try once if this method will help you.
Method 6: Run Hard Reset
This is the final and last method to fix the Xbox Error code 0x803f8001. If all the above methods do not fix the error code you need to Hard Reset of your Xbox console.
If you’ve some important data on the Xbox One console’s HDD, you need to backup them into another storage device. After Hard Reset your Xbox One console’s all the data will be erased permanently. It means you are all saved and download games will be deleted and all the signed-in accounts will be deleted from the Xbox One console.
To Hard Reset or Factory Reset of the Xbox One console follow the below instructions properly and if it started once do not close the console until it’ll be completed. Otherwise, your console gonna be damaged.
- First, click on the left button on the directional pad to bring the Menu on-screen.
- Now come down to the gear icon and choose “All Settings” by pressing a button.
- Then select System>Console Infor & Updates
- Once done, select the Reset Console.
The error code 0x803f8001 is a very common error code that shows when you’re launching a game on your Xbox One console. Feel free and comment below if any of the above methods will help you. And don’t hesitate to ask any of the errors you face on your Xbox One console. You can also comment on the error code which you’re facing on your Xbox One console or you can submit the error code here.